(29 Dec 06) Just something silly. Aha. Ha.

He looks scary! :< *runs* (By the way, you *can* tell that's Soutetsu right...)

Soutetsu-with-Okita-hair is not my idea by the way, I got it from reading Japanese fansites. To be precise it was a site called sagat :).

Alternative versions: Lines only (it looks better!)

P.S. And yes, I actually went to ask her whether I could use the idea, and whether I could link her (which she declined so there's no link here.) Which leads me to...



Eh.... okay. Time for a public service announcement: Japanese fanartists greatly appreciate - or rather, would seriously want you to - not go around downloading, using or copying other people's fanart/text/ideas for use in sigs/banners/layout etc, without their permission [unless they say it's OK to just take as you like, such as on this site]...

The author of that site specifically asked me to mention this here which shows you the level to which it bothers Japanese fanartists, so - don't do it, unless you ask! (For example I've noticed ricca's fanart used blatantly in sigs on the n*rutoforums) >_<


Yes, you may say it's de facto public domain, and there's lots of arguments you can make about it (keep in mind that there's a reason why I 'release' all my artwork to everybody); but if the artist doesn't want it, please try to respect his/her wishes... It's plain net manners in Japanese circles. If you won't respect their manners - don't expect to be welcomed in their community. That's the way things work. (...I found out the hard way.)

Furthermore, some fanartists will ban IP ranges if they notice that sort of thing going on, and that becomes a real trouble for other fans who haven't done anything wrong.

Yes, I know, I sound hypocritical because our site uses official copyrighted pictures that we didn't make and didn't ask to use or stuff. But well, I see those images as separate because they're things you'll *never* get the permission to use legally anyway - fanart, on the other hand, is a different thing.


So yes, please... have some consideration. Ok? Ok. I wouldn't want to nag about it but I was asked to so... Sorry to dampen a funny page with a serious thing like this.

0 comments, click to make a comment!

Back to Fanart Main Page
Back to Home